The School Newspaper of Desert Vista High School

Thunder Media

“The Boss Baby” Review

Sasha Elleraas, Entertainment Writer

Boss Baby is a new children’s movie that came out on 31 March, 2017. It’s a movie directed by Hendel Butoy, and Tom McGrath. Starring Alec Baldwin, Steve Buscemi, and Jimmy Kimmel. It’s based off of a children’s picture book written by Marla Frazee‘s.

The hour and a half long children’s movie is about a “baby” who wears suits and carries around briefcases and is constantly getting into petty arguments and fights with his seven-year-old older brother.

That is until they decide it would be beneficial to put aside their disagreements and work together to take down the CEO of Puppy Co.

Parents are saying that it might not be as kid friendly as people say. As there are some “scary” scenes imagined by said seven-year-old. Mostly consisting of dark hallways and dark looming figures.

The movie does portray a common issue that arises in families, the whole sibling rivalry. Tim, the seven-year-old older brother has a fear that this new baby will make his parents forget about him and eventually stop loving him. This is the fear that started the “inevitable” feud.

Some of the other scenes are just plain questionable. For example, when they travel all the way to Las Vegas by themselves, or when Tim drank a Long Island iced tea, which is served with champagne most of the time in first-class.

Besides the confusing and questionable scenes it is a highly enjoyable film for both adults and children.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZlFahSC4k8