Thunder Media

DV students selected to ARMY honor band

Mikayla Adel - Editor

Just after winning the highest honors in the state, Desert Vista’s marching band adds another feather in their caps with two students selected for national recognition to perform in one of the best showcases of talent.

Adam Martin and Nathan Sloan, both seniors, will be part of the production of the All American Games, a Bowl that features the nation’s top high school senior football players and marching musicians.

Martin and Sloan are two of  125 U.S. Army All-American Marching Band members who will get an all-expenses-paid trip to San Antonio, TX to march in the halftime performance of the All-American Bowl at the Alamodome.

1 Comment

One Response to “DV students selected to ARMY honor band”

1. Anne McQuaid on November 22nd, 2017 6:37 pm

DV Marching Band and Mr Thye have been part of my son (and my!!) life for the past 3 years. I have never seen a group of kids so dedicated, so professional for their age, and so enthusiastic to a SPORT than I have with our Marching Band. They are SUCH GOOD KIDS. They are so respectful, so honest, and so driven to be the best they can possibly be ~ and whether they win or lose, they show utmost respect and gratitude for the other teams’ members. Don’t blink, parents; it is over before you can say, “how many more nights can I/my kid handle these long hours of practice and game time?” – I promise you will miss it when it’s gone!
    Mom of Jack, Euphonium

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The School Newspaper of Desert Vista High School
DV students selected to ARMY honor band